Anglo-American University cultivates a global learning environment, promoting analytical, creative and practical thinking in the pursuit of academic excellence.Contact Us
Three majors, Two continents, One degree. An experience of a lifetime.
The Global Degree Program is a partnership between Anglo-American University in Prague, Czech Republic, and Kent State University in Kent, Ohio, in the United States. This special opportunity will provide you with a high-quality degree, the opportunity to study at one of the most international universities in Europe, as well as at one of the top public universities in the U.S. all in the same program.
During the first two years of the Global Degree Program you will take a full-time course load at Anglo-American University in Prague. The curriculum for the first two years includes courses from your major field as well as courses that provide a broad-based liberal arts education. Some of the skills you will acquire throughout the program are research, data analysis, critical thinking, creativity, oral and written communication, teamwork, and problem solving.
After successfully completing the required credits at AAU, you will transition to Kent State University to complete your degree including more focused courses in your chosen field. Throughout your entire program you’ll have the support of faculty and advisors who will help you to make the most of your global experience.
English proficiency test results: accepted tests and minimum scores:
TOEFL iBT: minimum score of 71; or
IELTS Academic: minimum score of 6.0; or
MELAB: minimum score of 75; or
PTE Academic: minimum score of 48.
Check out the links below to learn about how to apply for the next available tests:
Your Degree & After
Bachelor of Business Administration – Computer Information Systems Roadmap
Note: Courses are often updated to ensure that they stay current. This roadmap may be modified to reflect recent curricular changes.
ANGLO AMERICAN UNIVERSITY – PRAGUE
Semester One – 16 credit hours
- Composition 1 (3)
- Algebra for Calculus (3)
- Intro to Computer Applications (3)
- Introduction to Sociology (3)
- European Music History Appreciation (3)
Semester Two – 16 credit hours
- Composition 2 (3)
- Trigonometry (3)
- World History II (3)
- Intro to microeconomics (3)
- Computer Science IA: Procedural Programming (2)
- Computer Science 1B: Object Oriented Programming (2)
Semester Three – 18 credit hours
- Analytic Geometry and Calculus I (5)
- Intro to Macroeconomics (3)
- Computer Science II: Data Structures and Abstraction (4)
- Discrete Structures for Computer Science (3)
- Seven Ideas that Shook the Universe (3)
Semester Four – 15 credit hours
- Cloud Systems Computing (3)
- My Story on the Web (3)
- Public Speaking (3)
- Comparative Religion (3)
- Society, Culture, and the Digital Sciences (3)
KENT STATE – KENT CAMPUS
Required for progression in the major: Minimum 2.500 cumulative GPA, minimum C grade in COMM 15000, ENG 21011, MATH 11010; and a minimum C+ in both CIS 24053 and CIS 24165.
Semester Five – 15 credit hours
- First Year Experience (1)
- Introduction to Financial Accounting (3)
- Legal Environment of Business (3)
- Business Analytics I (3)
- Business Modeling & Agile Design (3)
- CIS: Major Elective (3)
- UC 10162: Introduction to Professional Development (1)
Semester Six – 18 credit hours
- Introduction to Managerial Accounting (3)
- Principles of Management (3)
- Programming for the Cloud (3)
- Business Analytics II (3)
- Project Management and Team Dynamics (3)
- Kent Core Basic Science (3)
Semester Seven – 16 credit hours
- Advanced Professional Development (3)
- Data Management & Business Intelligence I (3)
- Cloud Systems Integration (WIC, minimum C) (3)
- CIS: Major Elective (3)
- Principles of Marketing (3)
- Kent Core Basic Science Lab (1)
Semester Eight – 15 credit hours
- FIN 36053: Business Finance (3)
- Operations Management (3)
- Integrated Business Policy and Strategy (3)
- Business Experience and Internship (3) CIS: Major Elective (3)
As of 10/21/19, these degrees are conferred by KSU and are accredited degrees in the U.S. only; they are not accredited by AAU and/or by the appropriate accreditation authority in the European Union or in the Czech Republic.
How to Apply
In order to participate in the Global Degree Program, applicants must apply through Kent State University and meet the following requirements:
1. Complete high school.
2. Meet minimum English proficiency requirements.
3. Be accepted to Kent State University.
(May 1 is the preferred application completion date to allow for visa processing. The processing time for a visa is 60 days; therefore, once the application is made available we recommend completing the application as early as possible.)