Anglo-American University cultivates a global learning environment, promoting analytical, creative and practical thinking in the pursuit of academic excellence.Contact Us
Do you want a better chance of getting a high-paying job after graduation? Do you want employers to be impressed when they see your CV? AAU has just the answer for you - our exciting, new 2-semester leadership certificate program.
To be successful in today’s working world, it is now well known that you have to be more than just a good employee—you have to be a leader, too. That is what this program is for—to give you both the knowledge and experience to be a leader. There are two levels to the program, a beginner’s and an advanced, and successful completion of either one, starting with the beginner’s level, will earn you a certificate stating that you have leadership skills and experience. So when you graduate from AAU not only will you get your degree, but also an extra leadership certificate that will impress employers in all fields.
As a result of participating in the Leader's Certificate program, students will
- Demonstrate an understanding of group dynamics and effective team work
- Improve their communication and presentation skills
- Understand several leadership approaches and be able to apply them to real-life situations
- Develop a range of leadership skills, which includes motivating others, resolving conflicts, building shared values, developing a vision, analyzing team development, solving problems creatively, and more
- Understand themselves better and develop a leadership philosophy while aligning their values and beliefs with their actions
The Emerging Leader's Certificate is based on classroom workshops and interactive exercises, and on an independent leadership experience. Attendance and participation are mandatory.
Your Degree & After
Having completed all program requirements, students are conferred the „Emerging Leader's Certificate“. Please note that the certificate is NOT a full university degree.
Our certificate holders are prepared for success as managers or entrepreneurs in both for-profit companies and non-profit organizations and governmental agencies, especially where high proficiency of professional English is required. Our certificate holders are able to communicate professionally, decisively and strategically in verbal and written English.
The program is worth 6 US credits. It consists of 2 courses (3 US credits each) and 1 non-credit training. You can complete the program in 2 semesters, using your elective courses for that.
- MGT262 Foundations of Leadership or MGT 260 Leadership
- MGT263 Leading Teams
- Leadership Experience I (non-credit training for one semester)
For more information, please contact the Assistant Dean of the School of Business Administration (see the contact on the right side of the page).