Anglo-American University cultivates a global learning environment, promoting analytical, creative and practical thinking in the pursuit of academic excellence.Contact Us
The M.A. in Business and Law in International Markets is a dual accredited program for which you will be simultaneously awarded an American and European M.A. degree for a single price.
*Please note that the Business and Law in International Markets program will not be offered for Fall 2020
Today’s markets require one to be more than just business savvy, that’s why MA in Business and Law in International Markets guides you through an exceptional, interdisciplinary curriculum. After 4 semesters, you will become a decisive thinker in economics, finance, international business law and management. Join our class and become a future leader and strategic decision maker in global business.
Our program is delivered by an international faculty trained at some of the world’s top universities including Harvard, Yale, Stanford and more. Not only does our faculty have top qualifications and experience in the business world, but it’s also committed to a personalized education model with an average class size of 10 students. Additionally, studying professionals need not worry, as most classes take place in the evening. We also offer options of combined or part-time studies.
Earn two degrees for a special scholarship tuition
You also have the exclusive opportunity to graduate with not one but two international degrees: an MA in Business and Law in International Markets and an MBA in Sustainability Management or MBA in Finance & Responsible Investment.
Thanks to new cooperation with Sustainability Management School (SUMAS), a renowned Swiss university, for only 15,000 EUR, you can earn both an MA and an MBA. You will enjoy a one-week study abroad experience in Switzerland, including field trips and visits to International Organizations. SUMAS belongs among the best Swiss institutions engaging in sustainable development and corporate social responsibility. Not only will you enjoy the Swiss quality of education, but also the possibility of international networking and better job prospects.
CFA Program Awareness Scholarships
If you wish to earn the most respected and recognized investment credential in the world, you can apply for CFA Program Scholarships each year. AAU participates in the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program, and therefore the scholarship, should you be awarded it, reduces the exam registration fee (includes access to the curriculum eBook) to US$350. More importantly, the program positions you well to obtain the Chartered Financial Analyst designation while providing a strong foundation of advanced investment analysis and real-world portfolio management skills that will give you a career advantage.
Graduates of the M.A. in Business and Law in International Markets program can expect to:
- Specialize in economics, business and business law in international markets
- Be confident thinkers that seek innovation, develop new procedures, and integrate research and knowledge from multiple professions
- Competently synthesize information from legal, business, and market economy analyses
- Understand the craft and design of a marketing campaign from a design and management perspective
- Identify, articulate, and describe problems using quantitative and qualitative techniques
- Communicate professionally, decisively and strategically in verbal and written English; our graduates are able to describe and discuss complex problems and solutions to international audiences
- Be of a class of business professionals that are able to manage their own career development, as well as the development of other individuals and groups
English proficiency at a level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). There are multiple tests that AAU recognizes as evidence of the C1 level proficiency, especially:
- TOEFL (iBT min. 87, PBT min. 567)
- IELTS (min. 7)
- CAE (min. C)
- CPE (min. C1)
- BULATS (min. 75)
- City & Guilds – IESOL (expert)
- Pearson PTE (min. 76)
For applicants who completed a high school or gained no less than 30 university credits in a country where English is the language of instruction, or are nationals of a country listed below, the requirement to prove English proficiency may be waived by the respective Dean.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
The M.A. in Business and Law in International Markets is a full time study program. Full-time: Study and advancement is based on classroom lectures and interactive exercises. Attendance and participation are mandatory. Even though the M.A. in Business and Law in International Markets is offered only as a full time study program, the schedule also accommodates studying professionals by offering evening classes. This enables the students to study and work at the same time.
We commit ourselves to a personalized education model. In Spring 2017, the average class size in undergraduate studies is 9.8 students!
- 7 class hours = 1 ECTS credit
- 42 hours = 6 ECTS/3 US credits
Your Degree & After
Having completed all program requirements, students are conferred a Masters degree. The degree awarded is concurrently recognized as a Master of Arts (M.A.) in the United States, per AAU's accreditation by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, and as a Magistr (Mgr.) accredited by the Ministry of Education of the Czech Republic. Graduates may select whether to use the U.S. post-nominal or the Czech title.
Our graduates are prepared for success as managers, advisors, and analysts in international organizations, including for profit companies, non-profit organizations and governmental agencies, especially where high proficiency of professional English is required.
Our graduates are able to communicate professionally, decisively and strategically in verbal and written English. Our graduates are able to identify, describe and discuss complex topics for international audiences.
Access to Postgraduate Studies
Our graduates are highly encouraged to apply for postgraduate study programs at private and public universities in the Czech Republic, other EU countries, the United States, Canada, and many other countries around the world.
- International Operations Management
- Business Strategies and Global Competition
- Global Strategy Simulation: Innovation & Design
- Management and Communication in Global Environment
- Thesis Seminar I and II
- Corporate Finance in Global Environment
- International Economics – Finance
- EU Law
- Business Law
- Law of Business Contracts
- Protection of Economic Competition
- International Trade
- Organizational Theory and Design
- Political Economy of European Union
- Integration and Trade in the EU
Choose one of SUMAS´s programs below:
SUMAS Sustainability Management
- Sustainable innovation: Energy, Water and Materials
- Operation Management and Supply Chain: Green Production
- International Business and Biodiversity
- Sustainable Consumption and Green Marketing
- Project Management with Partners: Green Corporate Strategy and Policy
SUMAS Finance and Responsible Investment
- International Finance
- Institutions and Financial Markets
- Corporate Finance and Corporate Investment
- Sustainable Portfolio Management
- Project Management with Partners: Responsible Corporate Strategy and Policy (financial sector)
Having passed all the required and elective courses, students complete their study by taking state exams (from business administration, economics, and law) and defending their thesis.
Exam and Assessment Regulation
AAU uses the U.S. grading and evaluation system complemented by the European Credit Transfer System (“ECTS”). For more information on assessment and related policies see the Study and Examination Code in the Academic Codex.
The M.A. in Business and Law in International Markets is accredited by the Czech Republic Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport thereby qualifying graduates to apply for postgraduate study programs at private and public universities in the Czech Republic and other EU countries, the United States, Canada, and many other countries around the world.
AAU actively participates in the EU's Erasmus+ exchange program with over 30 European university partners. Additional exchanges exist with universities in North America, Australia, and Asia. These exchanges enable students to partially complete their studies in another country. Ask the Dean for more information on what Erasmus+ and exchange opportunities might be available.
Internship & Mentoring
All students at AAU’s School of Business Administration are required to complete an internship credit. The School of Business Administration and the Career Center offer assistance, advice and guidance to ensure that students are able to fulfill this requirement. Ask the Career Center Specialist for more information on what internship opportunities are currently available.
Required Application Documents
To finalize your application, you must submit all documents listed below. All documents should be in English or be a notarized translation, delivered to AAU either in person or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- English language exam certificate
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor Diploma (only required after time of graduation)
- Bachelor Transcript (current transcript upon application and final transcript upon graduation)
- Two Recommendation Letters
- A copy of your passport
- A passport size photograph in colour
- A personal statement
- Consent to Making and Providing Copy of ID Card (Please fill this form and send it with the rest of your documents)
Please note: All documents should be in pdf formatting, named in accordance to the document content with your name included and sent as an attachment, not in the body of the email.
As soon as these documents are received and reviewed our Admissions team will be able to assist you with scheduling your Admissions interview with the Assistant Dean of the program you have applied.