Anglo-American University cultivates a global learning environment, promoting analytical, creative and practical thinking in the pursuit of academic excellence.Contact Us
The B.A. Business Administration: Marketing and Communications Emphasis is a dually accredited program. You will get both American and European BA degree for a single price. The program is delivered by an international faculty with top qualifications and experience in the business world. We commit ourselves to a personalized education model: in Spring 2017, the average class size in business undergraduate studies is 19.4 students!
Today’s markets are global, online, and moving faster everyday. To get ahead, you need more than a business education, you need a portfolio of skills in many fields of business. This business program emphasizes the role of communications and marketing in 21st century business operations. You will master the written and verbal English skills necessary for international business, and develop qualitative as well as quantitative thinking. You will learn the craft of marketing, for print and web, and become experts in strategic marketing and communications.
This exceptional business program in Prague encourages you to understand marketing and communications from a social point of view, polishing your business education with deep understanding of socio-economic, legal, historical, and cultural conditions for aspects of economics, finance and management.
"We do almost all of our projects in small international teams, and we work together like we would in a business company and synergize our different ideas. There're flexibilities to meet with teachers outside of class, and ask them questions, not just specifically things we learn in the class.”
Ann Connolly, Business student
Graduates of the B.A. in Business Administration: Marketing and Communications emphasis program can expect to:
- Be competent in the craft and design of marketing campaigns, from a design and management perspective
- Have actionable knowledge of communications methods for stakeholders, i.e. owners, investors, community, and most importantly, customers
- Use conventions and trends for social networking, and internet technologies in general
- Communicate professionally, decisively and strategically in verbal and written English
- Recognize sociological and political concepts where they interact with strategic and intercultural communications
- Be of a class of business professionals that are able to manage their own career development, as well as the development of other individuals and groups
Language Requirements for Studying at AAU
English proficiency at a level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). There are multiple tests that AAU recognizes as evidence of the B2 level proficiency, especially:
- TOEFL (iBT min. 71, PBT min. 525)
- IELTS (min. 6 – minimum of 5.5 in each subtest)
- FCE (min. C)
- CAE (min 160)
- BULATS (min. 60)
- City & Guilds – IESOL (Communicator)
- Pearson PTE (min. 59)
- IGCSE First Language English (C or better)
- IGCSE English as a Second Language (B or better)
- IB (English A or B at HL/SL)
For applicants who completed a high school or gained no less than 30 university credits in a country where English is the language of instruction, or are nationals of a country listed below, the requirement to prove English proficiency may be waived by the respective Dean.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
The B.A. in Business Administration Marketing and Communications Emphasis is offered has a full time study program. Full-time: Study and advancement is based on classroom lectures and interactive exercises. Attendance and participation are mandatory.
We commit ourselves to a personalized education model. In Spring 2017, the average class size in undergraduate studies is 19.4 students!
- 7 class hours = 1 ECTS credit
- 42 hours = 6 ECTS/3 US credits
Your Degree & After
Having completed all program requirements, students are conferred a Bachelors degree. The degree awarded is concurrently recognized as a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in the United States, per AAU's accreditation by the WASC Senior College and University Commission, and as a Bakalář (Bc.) accredited by the Ministry of Education of the Czech Republic. Graduates may select whether to use the U.S. post-nominal or the Czech title.
Our graduates are prepared for success in Public Relations, External Affairs, and marketing and communications for international businesses, especially those that require skills in professional English.
Our graduates are able to communicate professionally, decisively and strategically in verbal and written English. They are able to identify, describe and discuss complex problems and solutions to international audiences. The B.A. in Business Administration: Marketing and Communications Emphasis program creates business professionals that are able to manage their own career development, as well as the development of other individuals and groups.
Access to Master’s Studies
Our business administration school encourages all graduates to continue their studies at a master’s level. All bachelor’s graduates are qualified to attend master’s level programs at AAU, such as the M.A. in Business Law in International Markets and MBA programs, or at other universities in the Czech Republic, European Union, United States, Canada, and many others.
For the course descriptions, please see the Online Course Catalog HERE
General Education Courses
- CIS161 Computer Information Systems
- COM101 Composition I. COM102 Composition II.
- ECO120 Introduction to Microeconomics
- ECO110 Introduction to Macroeconomics
- LBS210 Introduction to Business Law
Program Required Courses
- CIS261Business Information Systems
- MGT245 Introduction to Management
- MTH111 Business Mathematics I.*
- MKT248 Introduction to Marketing
- MGT255 Business Ethics
- ACC233 Financial Accounting
- ACC263 Managerial Accounting
- FIN304 Corporate Finance
- MTH222 Business Statistics
Emphasis Required Courses
- SOC100 Introduction to Sociology
- PSY150 Introduction to Psychology
- MKT250 Media and Marketing Communication
- COM110 Public Speaking
- MKT375 Marketing Research
- MKT320 Brand Management
- MKT328 Buyer Behavior
- MKT268 Public Relations
- 1 course from: MKT 258 Introduction to Advertising or MKT 280 Direct Marketing and Sales
- MKT430 Strategic Marketing Analysis and Planning
- BUS349 Internship
- MGT430 Strategic Planning
- MKT435 Thesis Seminar
- 1 course from “Business Elective” group
- 1 courses from “Non-Business Elective” group
Having passed all the required and elective courses, students complete their study by taking state exams (from management, economics, finance, marketing and communications) and defending their thesis.
Exam and Assessment Regulation
AAU uses the U.S. grading and evaluation system complemented by the European Credit Transfer System (“ECTS”). For more information on assessment and related policies see the Study and Examination Code in the Academic Codex.
The B.A. in Business Administration: Marketing and Communications Emphasis program is accredited by the Czech Republic Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports thereby qualifying graduates to apply for master’s programs at private and public universities in the Czech Republic, other EU countries, the United States, Canada and many other countries around the world.
AAU actively participates in the EU's Erasmus+ exchange program with over 30 European university partners. Additional exchanges exist with universities in North America, Australia, and Asia. These exchanges enable students to partially complete their studies in another country. Ask the Dean for more information on what Erasmus+ and exchange opportunities might be available.
Internship & Mentoring
All students at AAU’s School of Business Administration are required to complete an internship credit. The School of Business Administration and the Career Center offer assistance, advice and guidance to ensure that students are able to fulfill this requirement. Ask the Career Center Specialist for more information on what internship opportunities are currently available.
Required Application Documents
- English language exam certificate
- High School Diploma (only required after time of graduation)
- High School Transcript (current transcript upon application and final transcript upon graduation
- A copy of your passport
- A passport size photograph in colour
- A personal statement
- Consent to Making and Providing Copy of ID Card (Please fill this form and send it with the rest of your documents)
Please note: All documents should be in pdf formatting, named in accordance to the document content with your name included and sent as an attachment, not in the body of the email.
As soon as these documents are received and reviewed our Admissions team will be able to assist you with scheduling your Admissions interview with the Assistant Dean of the program you have applied.
If you are having trouble submitting any of the documents above, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
*Please note that during the COVID-19 situation, the AAU Admissions team is still operating as usual, accepting applications and ready to support you through the application process as the situation develops.